Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lance has been Adopted & his new Mom, Beverly, sent pics!

Thank you so much for Lance.  While I have three other horses; Lance fills the void left by the passing of my 35 year old Millie last year. I was right about him when I first saw him - as I spent much time with him in his new stable/paddock today, I learned that he stands quietly for lengths of time with my arm around his neck and acts like he's really listening to everything I say - just like my Millie did.

Lance is grazing w/ Rancher!

  Lance wasn't too keen on meeting the other horses, yells and stomps/paws the ground when they get close.

  He acts rather possessive over his stall and paddock. Dini (my 27 year old Arab) stood at the gate nearly all day trying to get Lance to come over and was getting impatient hanging over Lance's stable door. Lance told him in no uncertain terms to "stay away" and tried to bite Dini at feed time.  We are familiar with this behavior; my old mare used to show the same dominance and kept the other horses away from her stall.
 
Beverly   
 
Linda Richards sent out this e-mail after Lance was adopted;
Thought I would forward this on to you all to let you know what a great home Lance went to.
She is planning on bringing him to our playdays.
She is the lady that fell in love with him when she saw his picture that was posted on our facebook.
He will be very loved and cared for. I will send her pictures on when I get them.
Thanks
 

No comments: