Monday, March 3, 2008

Safe Haven is bulging at the seams!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! I did a head count OR should I say; I did a tail count yesterday of all the horses at Safe Haven Horse Rescue. We are back up to 40 horses, that does include the 2 mini's we have. I thought I'd break it down a little further, Safe Haven has; 2 Mini's, 2 Drafts, 2 Quarter Ponies, & 34 Horses!!!!!!!!! That is alot of HAY!!! We received in two horses on Sat. they are Ali an 11 year old Arabian mare, & Bandit a 27 year old Gruella Quarter Horse, who is emaciated, he is a SPECIAL NEEDS HORSE, & was put on the mush Sat. We now have 10 buckets of mush to feed 2x's a day, so that makes 20 big buckets of mush, 4 bales of Alfalfa, 1 bale of Grass, & for the PM feeding we have 17 small buckets w/ grain for the horses who need joint supplement. I was going to add up all the extras we feed, but I will save that info for another day.
Just so my title fits this piece, I'll say that Safe Haven is over flowing w/ horses at this time, & Linda R. is getting more phone calls & more e-mails every day from people w/ horses to place w/ us, she has some on a waiting list to come in as other horses get ADOPTED so if you can adopt or foster a horse - come on out, & we'll be glad to match you w/ a beautiful equine!!!
Gotta Go...Bye for now
Linda C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have several really nice horse's available for adoption. Please come out for a visit and meet our horse's or visit our web site
www.safehavenhorserescue.org
Thank You
Linda R.