Friday, September 11, 2009

Linda C's Girls!

This is my youngest Granddaughter, Lindsy, & her Mom, (my daughter, Chris) leading Song up to the hitching post so Lindsy can ride! Lindsy is 3 3/4 years old, & Song is in her 30's! Isn't that the cutest pic ever? Lindsy knows that before you can ride, you must brush your horse & clean their feet. Mom is giving her a helping hand.
All the grooming is done & Lindsy is mounted & riding!

Samantha took over the task of leading Song, so Lindsy could ride. Thank You, Sam :}! We're all happy to help each other @ Safe Haven!



Lindsy, Sam, & Song, took a little break in the shade, as cheerful to scoop poop, Cori, was headed to Zipper's pen!



The happiness on this beautiful face, is a testimony, of the joys that await you at Safe Haven Horse Rescue! The horses, the people, & the comraderie is a thing of beauty! You can share in that, by coming out to volunteer some of your time too! We always can use an x-tra pair of hands!





This is my teenage Granddaughter, Lydia. Lydia is riding Gracie in the arena, & is giving her a 'tune-up' so to say! She is putting Gracie thru her paces. I missed taking pics of the crow hop & the double barrel-kick @ nothing, darn it!






So proud of Lydia, as she took all the 'scary' behavior in stride & didn't let Gracie get away with it! GOOD JOB! Gracie is a very good horse, it's just that she has 'pulled' a few stunts on her young owner, so she needed to be reminded that she needs to mind! Another example of helping each other when there is a need!








These last few pics, are my 'new' picture taking techniques...........I take pics w/ my phone...& it's slow....so I click the shutter right before the moving 'target' gets in the frame & it sure seemed to work w/ a fast moving subject!!!!! & than I get a surprise too, when I see it's a useable pic! LOL!







Cathy is on Rumtata, & she is having her hands full too! Must have been the nice weather we had on last Sat.! Cathy & Lydia took the two, on a trail ride after the arena riding, & all came back just fine, tired, but happy!





Here's our not so little anymore.....Lizzie Anne.........she says "here's looking at you kids. Bye for now, & come see me soon!"









So I'll say............ Happy Trails until we meet again!!!!!
Linda C.








No comments: