Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Update on Louie!

Louie is FINE, he just took a Digger in his First snowfall! I must admit that this 'new blogger format directs' me @ the moment, so please, bear w/ me! The E-mail that was sent is at the bottom of this blog, so if you scroll down you get the update that came w/ these pics! I do apologize for Any inconvenience!

There he is! Up and Running!

Nice trot, there Louie! Meet Lucy, his new stall mate!

Louie is such a HAM! Looking straight at the camera!!!!!

I like this shot, like the next one, even more!

Hi Linda and everyone at Safe Haven. It’s time for another Louie update.  This year we had very early snow, and a lot of it.  We don’t think that Louie had ever seen snow before.  He was walking in it as if it was the weirdest thing ever and I don’t think he realized that it was not only weird, but slippery too, because he totally wiped out while I was leading him!  He didn’t get hurt but it looked so funny that we laughed so hard, but he took it all in good humor. And, after a couple of days he learned to love snow – I have attached some pictures of him playing in the snow with his new friend Lucy – an older paint mare that we adopted this fall.  They have adjoining stalls and they get along great except both are jealous of each other for Emma’s attention J.  In the pictures I think you will also see that Louie really has put on some groceries right in the nick of time before winter.  He has a nice warm blanket and a covered stall for the nights too, so I don’t think he’ll lose the weight again even if it turns out to be a hard winter up here. 
I hope you will enjoy the pictures of Louie playing in the snow!
Cheers, Anna and Emma

If you go into the archives of Safe Haven blogs, you will find the first update on Louie on Aug, 18, 2010. Just to see that awesome picture of Emma & Louie in the barn at the fair!

Hope to see you this Saturday, at Safe Haven Horse Rescue for Volunteer Work Day!!!!
Bye for now,
Linda C.


No comments: